- Administrator3 December 2022 at 11:30 pm
Each university will have its research proposal guidelines and structure (depending on the research area and whether you are applying for a graduate assistantship, etc.).
At a bare minimum, a research proposal should include:
- A short abstract of about 300-500 words that summarises your overall project.
- A clear introduction which states the issue(s) you want to research, including how you will tackle them.
- Aims and objectives and your proposed contributions to knowledge/impact.
- Provide a relevant literature review that helps distinguish your PhD project from existing PhDs and academic literature.
- Include your proposed research methodology.
- A draft outline of your chapters.
- A draft timeline for the work needed to complete your PhD.
Do reach out to the university to find out what they specifically require.