Homepage Study Abroad Forums Study Abroad Forum Undergraduate Study

  • Moran

    11 June 2022 at 7:55 pm

    You can use your WAEC as a substitute for IELTS to study in the UK. The universities that accept WAEC can be found on our website.

    Also, if you are applying for an undergraduate degree in the UK, the WAEC qualification is generally recognised as equivalent to a GCSE, which is a requirement to get admission to an international foundation course or A-Levels.

  • bolaji1986

    15 June 2022 at 7:15 pm

    Hope they can accept two sitting or Neco result

    • osa

      15 June 2022 at 8:09 pm

      Two sittings might be acceptable, but note the following:

      1. They will usually check that your names are exactly the same on each certificate. If it isn’t e.g., because of marriage, then you will need to also submit your marriage certificate/affidavit as evidence of name change.
      2. Also, the universities that accept two WAEC/NECO certificates will most likely expect both qualifications to have been awarded in the same year or the year after. If both dates of the certificates are too far apart e.g., 2011 and 2021, the oldest one may be rejected.

      Nonetheless, you should check with the university you are applying to whether they will accept two certificates from different sittings and under what conditions they will be accepted.

  • awolesi-mariam

    18 June 2022 at 6:57 pm

    yes I have only one sit for my ssce which is 5cr and is since 2006

    • awolesi-mariam

      18 June 2022 at 7:03 pm

      so I will.need ur assistant with the admission if u can help me through ,den which sch collect credit alone

      • osa

        18 June 2022 at 11:18 pm

        The universities that accept WAEC and NECO results will also accept a ‘C’ credit in English.

        If you are using an older WAEC qualification, reach out to the university whether they will accept it.

        Also, you can apply to ECTTIS to check whether your WAEC is comparable to the UK GCSE qualification. However, it costs a small fee to do this comparison. Visit the ECTTIS website if you are interested in ‘converting’ your WAEC to UK GCSE.

Reply to: kingod
How to apply for universities in the UK that acce…
Your information:

Start of Discussion
0 of 0 replies June 2018
error: Alert: Content is copyright protected!!